Author: Audrey Ann Hughey
- Title: The 2018 Author’s Journal
- Pages: 346
- Formats: Paperback 8.5×11
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 198146476X
- ISBN-13: 978-1981464760
- Availability: Amazon,
- Website: https://www.thewriteservices.com/
- My Vision, to set your goals for the year
- My Manuscripts, to track your works-in-progress
- My Editing Process, to document and refine your editing process
- My Story Ideas, to keep new story ideas all in one place
- My Reading List, to keep your reading plans and the books you’ve finished reading all in one place
- My 2018 Expenses: At tax time, just take your 2018 Author’s Journal to the accountant and let them sort out your claimable expenses.
- My Marketing Plan, to develop your social media marketing, collaboration, blogging, and paid advertising plans
- My Year: There are dedicated spaces for reflection, goal-setting, blogging, collaboration, and advertising surrounding your day planner.
For people who want to take their writing to the next level. I’ve been overwhelmed by all the stuff you have to do these days to get published. The days of just writing your book and finding a publisher have long gone – if you want to sell your book, you have to market it – whether you’re going the indie route or the more traditional route.
Publishers are looking for authors with a platform with fans, mailing lists and potential customers lined up… and if you’re going the indie route… you’re doing the full job. The Author’s Journal helps your organize/schedule and work smart to keep everything you need in one place.
Plots, schedules, expenses, and how to make sure the important things in your life aren’t lost in the mix.
What I liked:
Audrey has been working with authors to help them increase their sales and focus on what’s important in their lives. and the best part – you decide what is important. This isn’t a ‘Do this, this, this and this’ type of aid – it’s a guide that you decide how to use. It gives you something to organize your thoughts, your stories, you authorship and your marketing in order and as I said… you decide what is important
I also love the format – it is a full size workbook with a heavy duty cover.
What I didn’t like:
There is so much to do and to be done – and it can be a bit daunting at first. The book is well put together so… it doesn’t look like I’ve been using it yet.
I’ve also noticed, that I get so interested in using the tool, that I forget that the tool is the means to an end, not the end itself.
This book is like a Swiss Army Knife. it has all the tools you need and you decide if/when to use them.
This book is designed for writers/authors by an author and coach. I know for a fact Audrey is using this book as she plans her publishing and going back to school for her Masters.